Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get "oft-interleave-layers" plug-in to work.
(04-04-2022, 06:22 PM)scottsimages Wrote: First, I've been struggling to even find this in 2.10, relying on the below instructions. I finally discovered how to use it... right-click on the path created in the Paths section, under 'Tools'.

ofn-text-along-path/Doc/ofn-text-along-path.html

My issues...

1) I want to wrap text around the selected oval and place it in the black area. When I select the object, the path wraps around the entire oval... How do I get this to add text to only 1 side?

2) How do I then get the text to read properly? I've tried flipping the paths, etc., but cannot get the other text to read display properly.

Object screenshot: https://ibb.co/jLFSq1s

Edit: I edited above my issues.

If you use the "Centered" options it will center itself on the path. The issue is to know where the path starts Smile If you created it with an ellipse selection it likely starts in the wrong place. To make the path start at the right place, the easy solution is to split the ellipse path in two:

1) Add a horizontal guide that splits the ellipse in two horizontally
2) Duplicate the path
3) Start the path tool on the duplicate path
4) Add two path anchors where the path and the guide intersect (Ctrl-Click)
5) Delete all the anchors in the half you don't want to keep (Ctrl-Shift-click on them)
6) Delete the final segment (Ctrl-Shift-Click it too)

Normally the top text should be in the right direction. To get the bottom text upright, check the "Reverse stroke direction" in the dialog (2nd to last option).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to get "oft-interleave-layers" plug-in to work. - by Ofnuts - 04-04-2022, 10:08 PM