Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with circle-slash on paint bucket and rectangles ***Resolved
Hi, I am having problems with the circle-slash problem with rectangles and paint bucket.  BTW, Windows 10 Pro, Gimp 2.10.30

I want to make glossy buttons for my visual basic project and found a youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecs0yk4Vasw.  I have used the instructions on the video to make several buttons, but now am encountering the dreaded circle-slash error. Here is what I do: Create a new file: File=>New and set the size to 360X240. Like in the video, I use the paint bucket to make the canvas white. So far so good.  Then when I try to make a rectangle (which I have done many times in the past), I get the circle-slash.  Based on the help on the internet, I click on Select=>All and I am able to create the rectangle.  I set the size to 240X120 with a rounded radius of 21.  Then I click on Select=>Save to Channel like in the video.  Then I create a new layer as per video.  Unlike the video, I want to fill the rectangle with red.  When I click on paint fill,  I get the circle-slash error again.  When I click the select=>all, my rectangle disappears.  I have no idea what has changed between when I was able to do this before and now am fighting it.  I really like Gimp but the problem I have with it is that I can accidently click something with my mouse and blow things up. As information, I have researched this problem on the internet and have tried what I have read to correct it: making sure there are no locks on my layers, making sure that select=> all is selected and so on and so forth.  I am not having any luck.  Please help me.  (Let me know if I need to send pictures of my settings.)  Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Problems with circle-slash on paint bucket and rectangles ***Resolved - by gimphusker - 04-06-2022, 10:38 PM