Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tools and cursor sticking in GIMP 2.8
(04-20-2022, 04:05 AM)geekgirl101 Wrote: I've been having this issue ongoing for quite some time... well I should more say a collection of issues that are all related and are on and off when they occur.
  • When trying to zoom in/out with CTRL + mousewheel nothing happens until I click on something like the ruler bar.
  • When selecting a different tool sometimes it won't actually switch to them until I double click it or do something else like clicking on the ruler bar or changing to a different layer in the image.
  • Using the pencil doesn't highlight the area where the pencil is until I actually click on the image and end up accidentally putting a dot on the image, same applies when attempting to draw a straight line when holding down CTRL or when trying to draw out an area using one of the select tools.
It's making the whole experience of using GIMP extremely choppy and quite honestly I don't know what causes it or what fixes it as it's random it happens, sometimes happens right away, and sometimes it just resolves by itself.  I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and knows how to stop it?

Last item can happen if you edit a large image and the actual pencil is small and you zoomed out.

OTOH Gimp 2.10 has been around for over two years...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tools and cursor sticking in GIMP 2.8 - by Ofnuts - 04-20-2022, 03:21 PM