Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export webp with transparent background
Woodsmoke, I sincerely do not believe that the problem you are experiencing is a result of any mistake you made in authoring the image.

I've played around with several variables, and I've noticed that I experience the same problem as you if I use a recently updated browser AND try to open the file directly on my machine.  However, if I upload that same image to an online host....then it displays properly in the very same browser.

Here is where it gets interesting. If I take that exact same image and open it directly on my machine, but using an out of date browser, then it displays fine.

Look at the following it's the very same image on both sides...but on the left it's opened with Firefox 97.0.1   while on the right it's opened with chrome 72. something,.

[Image: d0iTWgj.png]

Try uploading your image to an online host, and see if your problem goes away.

For me it works fine as a .webp at either imgbb or at  postimage.org......and just to verify I exported the same image as a .gif and uploaded it to imgur   and in all instances the transparency was just fine.

So. its not a matter of the transparency being "white", at least not in my experiences

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export webp with transparent background - by rickk - 05-01-2022, 06:30 AM