Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone recommend me a handheld scanner for textbooks?
Yes GIMP can import and export to PDF Wink

Now about the scanner, just my 2 cents, although I don't use those.

On the screenshot below, on the left side is the type of scanner you want to use => you will ALWAYS move your hand in the wrong direction or shaking slightly without noticing it >  at one point or another, thus your math formula, will be distorted or wrongly interpreted or any other type of error due to human handling factor.
So yes it's cheap, but at which cost? is it worth it?

On the other hand, on the right side of the screenshot I see something very stable with the scanner on an arm, thus not/less prone to error while scanning.
Yes it can be way more expansive (I saw quickly on amazon some at around $250 on the cheapest side), same problem as the handled scanner, is it worth it? IMHO it seems so as it a "stable" scanner.

Just my 2 cents, but it's your call, reading the reviews, the one with a picture of the result can help as well Wink
Quote:I have a 10 volume set of math textbooks

Do you feel ok to manually slowly scan with your hand each page of those volume handling the hand scanner perfectly straight while moving down?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone recommend me a handheld scanner for textbooks? - by PixLab - 05-01-2022, 07:51 AM