Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch processing of photos on post-editing
(05-23-2022, 05:07 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Each image should really be considered in isolation and adjusted accordingly..//..but you also want a batch process and that is not compatible with individual adjustment.

I can't agree more!
There are many considerations to take before any batch process.
A folder full of pictures just scanned straight out via a phone, should not go in batch...

First The light... I don't know the condition you scanned those negative, but knowing you are using a phone... If you don't use a lightbox or lighttable with a constant lite, each picture will need a special attention, as the sun is moving, clouds can pass, etc... thus not a consistent light.
Also on the film, the photography were exposed with different light, at different time in different town, different weather... thus each photo need to be treated as unique IMHO, I would add, it might be a different type of film as well with different iso, different lenses, etc... so many variable to take in count at this point to do a batch

Doing an average adjustment to batch process all at once at this very first step will lead to disappointment on a lot of images if not 100% minus 1 picture  Undecided
Just my thoughts  Big Grin

EDIT: Just discovered that those pictures are colors https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Filter...y-of-image
Definitively not to batch!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batch processing of photos on post-editing - by PixLab - 05-24-2022, 08:18 AM