Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment and distribution doesn't work.
The problem is that here it works just fine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOq16JH_MFo
In the video you provided the elements are not evenly distributed.
I know I can extend the image area, this is not what I try to achieve.
I try to distribute layers evenly within the existing frame, because my project is an artwork for release, the black elements are elements from that project with black fill put over the entirety of the layers. Basically I have all elements as separate layers, or groups of layers, there is a top piece in a fixed distance from bleed edge, several elements to the bottom of it and the final elements on the bottom of the work area above the bleed border, the idea is that the top and bottom elements stay in their places and the elements between them are evenly distributed vertically with identical spacing between each element, at least rounded up to whole pixels. I already done it manually by adding their heights and subtracting it from the work area height, dividing for smount of spaces and positioning a gridline at appropriate place, moving it to next element's starting position, the problem is, one gridlien cannot be deleted, there is only option to delete all lines, which is not really helpful.

It certainly houldn't be that distribution ejects the layer outside the work area. The idea of distribution is to evenly distribute elements between the top and bottom element, just like in the example of PowerPoint.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alignment and distribution doesn't work. - by SF01 - 05-28-2022, 05:38 PM