Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install plugins/scripts in folders?
Nothing mandatory for Gimp 2.10 Scripts in the scripts folder Plugins go in the plugins folder

Plugins can go in a folder with the same name as the plugin Example Canny.exe in a folder Canny
In my opinion this does not make much sense for single file plugins. The popular resynthesizer.exe and resynthesizer-gui.exe each need their own folders.

You can see examples of plugin-in-folder in the system C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

It does make more sense if the plugin has dependencies, for example the gmic plugin which has about 60 .dll dependencies + a couple of sub-folders.

The plugin-in-folder will be mandatory in Gimp 3

Quote:..However, I'm having problems with the new version 2.10.32 Samj's Portable, and apparently the problem seems to go away when I remove my folders that contain my plugins and scripts (with all their contents).

Do you need to add the path to these in the new Gimp Edit -> Preferences -> Folders ? It might be a portable drive path issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to install plugins/scripts in folders? - by rich2005 - 06-28-2022, 05:09 PM