Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install plugins/scripts in folders?
(06-29-2022, 02:54 AM)PixLab Wrote: Did you tried to rename those 2 folders (2.10 and 2.0 by something like "2.10.bak"), then start your preferred GIMP first, GIMP will recreate them (if problem persist remove the newly 2.10 and 2.0 created with GIMP and name back your 2 folders
(I don't know where on windows they are, but here on Linux I underlined them with blue

In the Samj's Portable version the paths are different.

As per your suggestion:
I didn't change the share/gimp/2.0 folder, simply because I didn't change that folder, it is 100% created by the Gimp installation.

But... I renamed the Preferences folder (I believe it is the equivalent of the 2.10 folder in your image) to Preferences.bak

When opening Gimp, the problem really disappeared! (But now I'm out of plugins, scripts, fonts, etc)

I renamed the current Preferences folder to Preferences.bak002 and the Preferences.bak to Preferences (back to where I started), and the problem came up again.

What I want to do now is:
1- Change the folder names again;
2- Gradually add files from the Preferences.bak folder to the Preferences folder (new) and testing the behavior of Gimp with each new addition.

Maybe then I'll find what's causing the problem.

Thank you very much Patrice!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to install plugins/scripts in folders? - by Krikor - 06-29-2022, 01:07 PM