Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch processing - detecting various colours to crop to edge of scanned document JPG?
(06-30-2022, 10:24 AM)mkilpatr Wrote: Thank you for that. I will have a look later - this morning is hedge-trimming time, though!

Another question: is it possible to make GIMP do a rectangular crop from the top-left corner to a selected point as the bottom-right corner without having to go through the hassle of making a rectangular selection? Can I click the mouse on a point and then press a key to run a script that crops from the top-left to that point?

All my images are nicely aligned to the top-left like the sample above, so I only ever need to define one corner f the crop area.

if that's possible, would it also be possible to merge it with the ofn-file-next script into a single script so that each image crop operation would be one mouse point-and-click followed by a single key stroke?

Michael

There is no way in a script to see where you clicked. What a script sees is the result of click (for instance a selection, a path, or a guide).

If you always include the top left corner in the crop, click on the bottom right corner and drag beyond the top left one and Gimp will adjust that to the corner (make sure you have disabled "Allow growing" in the Crop tool options).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batch processing - detecting various colours to crop to edge of scanned document JPG? - by Ofnuts - 06-30-2022, 11:40 AM