Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using GIMP 2.8.22, Making "lossy-ness" around smaller images disappear
I have a large base image on which I have placed several smaller images as individual layers. These small images have been obtained by screenshooting them from internet image searches and cropping them to eliminate other images around them, and to create as little layer space as possible. After finally fitting them perfectly on my base image and getting each one to be the right color and brightness, I can see those little wavy flecks and lines around them that happen after an image has been lifted and placed, lifted from there and placed somewhere else, lifted and placed again.... Like the way you can tell that a meme has made its rounds on social media. How can I get rid of those little "lossy pic" marks? The images themselves seem fine, but the area around them starting from the hard edges each has needs to be nice and clean, as the base image is pure white where they're placed.

Messages In This Thread
Using GIMP 2.8.22, Making "lossy-ness" around smaller images disappear - by Songbird - 07-14-2022, 12:21 AM