Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10 Stalls when opening XCF project on MacOS
Statistics:
2017 MBP running 10.15.7 MacOS Catalina
8 GB Ram
Vanilla 2.10 GIMP with no plugins or anything.

I've found one other thread with the same problem but did not see a solution provided at all.

When I open a saved XCF file, the canvas shows with just the transparency, yet most of the layers are marked as "visible," and I also am unable to change to a different tool, cannot zoom in or out, basically can't perform any function at all. I am still able to "close" the project and GIMP recognizes that by showing GIMP up top instead of the project name, yet nothing in the working area changes. I think it may just be the XCF file is corrupted, but this same issue comes up with 2 other projects. 

I don't think this is a GIMP issue as I am still able to create a new project, and even open up older XCF files. And a fresh reinstall still creates the same issue. 

Converting the file to PSD at least shows the canvas correctly but still "stalls" the program. 

I tried to just recreate the project by basically tracing over the exported PNG in a new project but that same file appears to have corrupted as well. 

Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
2.10 Stalls when opening XCF project on MacOS - by traderrjoe - 07-28-2022, 07:53 AM