Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble With Simple Background Change
Rich, when I first saw your video I really thought that changing the mode to RGB was going to do the trick.  However, it didn't make any difference.

So I read through Sallyanne's advice and tried deleting the alpha information around the letters on each of the three text layers.  That allowed me to see the text over the (green) background layer.  I tried to change this BG layer to white with the Fill Tool, but it still would not respond.  So I created a new layer underneath the three text layers and specified that it should be white.  This worked, and I now had my green text over a white background.

However, I need to be able to change the colors of both the text and the background and at the moment am still unable to do either.  It's as if there's a mask over both of them that will not allow me to do this.  Also, as a newbie, I don't understand why I had to eliminate the alpha information around the three layers of text in order for the layer underneath to be visible - I thought the alpha information was supposed to be transparent.  No?  Anyway, I'm getting there but am still struggling :-)

Any advice on how to get these layers to accept Fill commands would be helpful.  Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Trouble With Simple Background Change - by EarBud - 07-31-2022, 04:39 AM
RE: Trouble With Simple Background Change - by EarBud - 07-31-2022, 02:15 PM