Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.8.22 : Image pixelated through saving and reopening, how to refine?
(08-03-2022, 03:54 AM)Songbird Wrote: AAAHHHH!!!!  I had to restart my computer to fix an issue it was having, so I saved my image I've been working on in GIMP (2.8.22), then restarted my computer. But when I opened my saved image to work on it some more, I found it super pixel-y!!! How do I get it back to how it was (only pixel-y at 400% zoom!)??  

Gimp 2.8 or Gimp 2.10 or any application (that is above trivial)

Lesson number one  Back up your work frequently, make incremental backups xxx-01.xcf / xxx-02.xcf so you can go back any time to an earlier stage. Open your work and it is not what you expected ?  Only you can answer that. Have a search and see if there are other versions. Use Windows Explorer, do not rely on 'recent' files or 'last-opened'...

One of your last posts was about merging layers, another reason to keep several backups containing all the layers.

I hope you find your larger image, in the meantime I am attaching a vector (svg) created from your images. Not exactly the same, it is simpler, reduced colours but a better format for that type of drawing.

Learn Gimp first, and when completely familiar with how Gimp works, then explore vector applications, such as Inkscape, which work in a very different way.  Easy for me I have plenty tools at hand.

Use File -> Open as Layers. It has transparency so you can put it over any background you want.

Attached Files
.svg   bg.svg (Size: 21.81 KB / Downloads: 106)

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP 2.8.22 : Image pixelated through saving and reopening, how to refine? - by rich2005 - 08-03-2022, 12:27 PM