Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon photos editing issues
(08-30-2022, 10:34 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Somewhat loathe to comment on this as: it is MACOS / it is Amazon Cloud and I do not have either Wink

I think Ofnuts is correct, the file is 'stuck' on Amazon.

In theory Gimp File -> Open Location will take an URL and open it. This has not worked (various linux versions) for many years. Give it a try though. Strangely, using a flatpak Gimp 2.99.12, it does work and opens images straight from the internet.

Apart from the obvious and downloading to a local folder, you might get there using an intermediary program. This using LibreOffice to open the image from (my) cloud storage and then sending to Gimp.  40 seconds https://i.imgur.com/6PaD3CM.mp4

...but then you are only able to save / export locally anyway, somewhat redundant.

I download the file to my Mac then try to open it so it is not in the cloud

rick

How can I upload an example to see if someone can open it or try to see what the issue might be?

rick

Update...I did a massive cleanup on my Mac removing unused programs files etc.
Once it was completed, all of a sudden the editing started to work.

One of the applications was listed as Amazon photos which I never used as I access Amazon photos from a browser. I went to open it and it said" do not open this file as it will cause damage to your mac" Of course I did not open it and deleted it. I think this program was the cause of the editing issues as once it was deleted, all the Amazon photos could now be edited. Interesting as if I downloaded a photo that was not edited in Amazon photos I could edit it bit once I edited it in Amazon photos I could not.

Strongly suspect that program was the cause as all is workin wekk again

thanks to all who responded

rick

Messages In This Thread
Amazon photos editing issues - by rhorgan - 08-29-2022, 12:58 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by PixLab - 08-29-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by Ofnuts - 08-29-2022, 07:56 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by Krikor - 08-29-2022, 09:37 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by PixLab - 08-30-2022, 04:16 AM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by rhorgan - 08-29-2022, 04:51 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by Ofnuts - 08-29-2022, 08:02 PM
RE: Amazon photos editing issues - by rich2005 - 08-30-2022, 10:34 AM