Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pasting text or a link in a reply
(10-22-2022, 10:19 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Possibly added by your browser (or whatever application from which you copied). There is no such code in the Gimp-Forum server code. When you select something on a web page, you can unknowingly include a whole "division". Paste the text in a text editor before pasting it here to see what you really copied to your keyboard.

Also, the mere presence of a Bing reference hints that this is likely some Microsoftism.

I concur with Ofnuts, All the things you've copy/pasted have nothing to do with the forum, it's all about your clipboard on Windows and your browser

(10-23-2022, 02:15 AM)grits Wrote: I just typed a response that said I later noticed it happens when just typing. And just now I previewed it and it was there. So I backed out, then back in, and will see what happens if I don't preview it. I am using windows 11, 64-bit.

Is your browser the Microsoft's "Edge"...?
If so and as Ofnuts said (presence of a Bing reference hints that this is likely some Microsoftism), I would recommend to try a more neutral browser like Firefox ➤ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Note: don't get fooled by Microsoft Bing/Edge if you're searching for another browser by yourself using Edge, with its "There is no need to download a new browser" written in big in the search result https://www.ubergizmo.com/2021/12/micros...le-chrome/

Again, all come from how you've selected (too much) and how Windows/Edge handle your clipboard, or why not your setting in Edge... (the later one is too optimistic IMO)

Messages In This Thread
Pasting text or a link in a reply - by grits - 10-22-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: Pasting text or a link in a reply - by Ofnuts - 10-22-2022, 10:19 PM
RE: Pasting text or a link in a reply - by grits - 10-23-2022, 02:15 AM
RE: Pasting text or a link in a reply - by PixLab - 10-23-2022, 02:35 AM
RE: Pasting text or a link in a reply - by grits - 10-23-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Pasting text or a link in a reply - by nelo - 10-24-2022, 02:07 PM