Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pen tablet input, wrong "aspect ratio" (XP Pen Deco Fun)
Photo 
SOLVED

I have no problem using my XP Pen Deco Fun tablet in Gimp — except for the "aspect ratio" (which may or may not be the best terminology). The pressure sensing feature works wonderfully, and I'm really excited about using a pen instead of a mouse. It's important to note that I've never experienced problems using this pen tablet with any other app. //UPDATE: I just discovered that it does the same thing in Krita. It does not do it in MS Paint or web apps (such as Kleki.com).// I have experienced this same drawing problem on two different laptops (different, and yet both are running Win 10 Home 64). This is a really obvious problem (as you will see in the attached gif), but I've been unable to track down anyone else with a similar problem. I feel like there ought to be a setting somewhere for this. Why do such advanced programs like Gimp and Krita have a problem when basic applications (like Paint) have no issue? It's mysterious to me. 

Thank you in advance for any advice. 

I forgot to mention that, in the gif, I am tracing a round object. What comes out as an oval ought to be a circle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
pen tablet input, wrong "aspect ratio" (XP Pen Deco Fun) - by jakobtritten - 11-01-2022, 05:43 PM