Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pen tablet input, wrong "aspect ratio" (XP Pen Deco Fun)
SOLVED

It figures that, right after posting this on a forum (my first time ever posting on a forum), I finally discovered the solution. My first clue was that Krita had the same problem. Then I noticed Fresh Paint (downloaded from the Mircrosoft store) also had the problem.

If you also have an XP Pen tablet and are experiencing the same problem, here's the simple solution:

I installed the updated XP Pen drivers (from their website) and then realized that the problem is solved within the XP Pen app itself (found in the Windows Task Tray). In the settings, I had to select "Proportion" under "Work Area" -> "Pen Tablet." I have a secondary monitor positioned above my laptop, so "Full Area" feels better than "Proportion" ... but, if I want to use both monitors, if I want to keep my drawing tablet in the "landscape" orientation, and if I want to draw accurately within these non-web-based applications, this is apparently what I have to do (at least while I'm drawing).

Messages In This Thread
RE: pen tablet input, wrong "aspect ratio" (XP Pen Deco Fun) - by jakobtritten - 11-01-2022, 07:01 PM