Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem getting a plugin to work on Linux mint
(01-27-2024, 09:37 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 09:17 AM)Kamolis68+ Wrote: ....snip...
Unfortunately your apps don't work on my Ubuntu 23.10. In any case I would like to have Gimp flatpak and manage the nik collection from here. I have tried other ppa solutions but they are equally unsuccessful.

Such is life, I always have a battle getting my old favourite utilities working after upgrading with (k)ubuntu. Ubuntu 22.04 is just about usable for me.

You might like the ease of using a flatpak Gimp, but that was explained in your other post. It is 'sandboxed' The maintainers do provide a few 'bespoke' plugins - gimp_gmic_qt / resynthesizer ... but unlikely that the shellout.py plug-in will connect to NIK using  WINE.

At least you have it working 'stand-alone'

It's partly true. however on Github I found these plugins:  https://github.com/draekko-rand/nik_for_gimp   working and recognized by Gimp flatpak. the difficulty is calling the program and making it work in Gimp. I contacted the maker but he hasn't responded yet and maybe he won't...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem getting a plugin to work on Linux mint - by Kamolis68+ - 01-27-2024, 10:58 AM