Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compositing Photo Into Painting
I think that this request is equal parts how to move to GIMP from Photoshop, general editing principles, and project-specific needs - I'm hoping that you guys can help me figure out where I need to start. The bottom line is that I want to composite myself into a Norman Rockwell painting for my Christmas card, specifically "Man With Christmas Goose." The isolation of my own face and resizing/reshaping was easy enough - I tried to include what I have so far as an attachment. However, the texture and color are off with the painting. I'm guessing that I want to do some kind of a blur, but I was not expecting to be presented with so many different types of blur or variables for each of them. The skin tone in the painting also seems to be warmer than the photo and have a higher contrast, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to match that.

I've actually found a few tips for specifically getting a "Norman Rockwell" look with photos, but the directions seem to be Photoshop-specific. So now I'm trying to figure out whether I start by trying to adjust the texture first and how, trying to match the color, or trying to match the contrast, if those things can even be done separately. Should I be looking for tutorials on getting photos to look like paintings, on matching color and contrast in compositing, or something else entirely? Thanks, guys - I really appreciate any direction you can give me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Compositing Photo Into Painting - by teddybouch - 11-13-2022, 09:24 PM
RE: Compositing Photo Into Painting - by rich2005 - 11-14-2022, 10:41 AM