Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compositing Photo Into Painting
Wow - thanks, guys! If I had known you guys were going to try it I would have found a way to give you my XCF file since it already has my face and the original in separate layers.

sallyanne - Thanks for pointing me to the right tool for adjusting the color. It looks like you nailed the tone just right; I think that I'm just going to have to practice to learn what adjustments to make for what. I hadn't thought about isolating the eyes like that, but that makes sense for the painting effect. I'll give it a shot!

rich2005 - Holy cow, man. That video is super helpful, and just a few minutes of playing with that tool is getting me surprisingly close. My issue right now seems to be that it's selecting my face just fine to apply the filter, but it's pulling the entire original Rockwell picture for reference rather than just the face underneath, so it's ending up looking really washed out. I'm going to try making another layer with just the face I'm trying to copy once I get home and see if that works.

Messages In This Thread
Compositing Photo Into Painting - by teddybouch - 11-13-2022, 09:24 PM
RE: Compositing Photo Into Painting - by rich2005 - 11-14-2022, 10:41 AM
RE: Compositing Photo Into Painting - by teddybouch - 11-14-2022, 03:42 PM