Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
image with various objects
Quote:I am unable to attach here any of the files I have. It says "the type of file is not allowed". They are .jpeg and .eps files for the same image.

You can always zip the files and use dropbox or similar, but I get the idea from your post.

Quote:The image contains multiple instances of one  same object or topic. eg. roses, tree branches, or a car with views from different sides. So, my purpose is to extract only one instance of such object and use it, with the ability to resize it without losing quality.

Without losing quality is the problem. Any translation in Gimp, scaling, rotating, degrades the image. small adjustments might be ok, larger and images typically become fuzzy.

You might be able to use the jpeg. Very often this is a smaller "sampler" for the eps. A jpeg is a single-layer / no transparency format. You will need to remove the background for use in another image.

The eps can have better quality, you set the resolution before you import into Gimp. Once in Gimp the same rules apply as for the jpeg.

Quote:It is my understanding that such images are created in such form exactly to be used for that particular purpose. I may well be wrong.

You are correct but not by Gimp, typically you use a vector application Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator where they are indeed "objects" and you can adjust them as much as you like.

Everything has a learning curve, graphics usually a steep one. All you can do is keep trying.  This a 3.5' video with some of those concepts, not a tutorial just some hints.  https://youtu.be/rMapWeD3y1Y Gimp and Inkscape.

Messages In This Thread
image with various objects - by Daddaj - 01-28-2023, 07:44 AM
RE: image with various objects - by sallyanne - 01-28-2023, 09:05 AM
RE: image with various objects - by rich2005 - 01-28-2023, 09:06 AM
RE: image with various objects - by Daddaj - 01-28-2023, 09:36 AM
RE: image with various objects - by rich2005 - 01-28-2023, 11:13 AM
RE: image with various objects - by Daddaj - 01-28-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: image with various objects - by Ofnuts - 01-28-2023, 08:31 PM