Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To fade one picture into nothingness
(02-21-2023, 04:59 PM)Krikor Wrote: Having the images on each layer;
Change the colors, from foreground and background, to black and white respectively;  FG-BG-Swashes
Create a layer mask and apply a linear gradient to the mask (Top layer).  Blend

Thanks everyone.  You know - applying a gradient to a mask never occurred to me.  Cool little effect to add to my arsenal.  Done right, it's a really cool effect to apply to an image.

Having said that, bear with me, THIS is what I got, when I executed your instructions....

I applied the IMAGE/PRECISION/16 BIT as the guy below said - appied it to the American Flag (top layer) - I left it at that (didn't apply to the bottom layer, chinese flag), because I assumed IMAGE hits everything in the project (As opposed to menu item LAYER which just hits that layer).

[Image: Example.jpg]

(02-21-2023, 04:59 PM)Krikor Wrote: Having the images on each layer;
Change the colors, from foreground and background, to black and white respectively;  FG-BG-Swashes
Create a layer mask and apply a linear gradient to the mask (Top layer).  Blend

Ok I think I got it now (unless you see something, some setting I have in that print screen that isn't right.

What I did was start applying the gradient at the half way point of the top layer and got something like this...

[Image: Example2.jpg]

Which is what I was looking for - because I don't want to see the bottom layer until at least 50% into the top layer, which is kind of what's happening in the original example.  Even less... like at the 70% point into the top layer, THEN the European flag starts appearing. My mistake was applying the gradient to the entire top layer - when in fact I just want it for the last bit of the top layer (so I'd see 70% of the top layer, and 70% of the right layer - the remainder is the blend.

Thanks everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To fade one picture into nothingness - by Edward99 - 02-21-2023, 07:32 PM