Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Percentage scaling
Hello forumers, newbie here, this is first post having joined today.
Help appreciated with anything that can be done about in my opinion poor state of percentage scaling defaults that suspect is a chronic bug (for GIMP 2.10. and below).
Have looked through tutes but found nothing relevent yet.
Have used GIMP for many years on various distros, both Debian and Redhat based and always found the method used to construct the set of percentages unhelpful and time wasting.
In an ideal world would like to be able to open a new image to fill the padding space perfectly in one of the dimensions and also keep a 100%.
However let's assume this is too arbitrary, but even so, there could still be some mechanism to stop there automatically appearing what i think of as useless values, let me explain.
There may be a config file that holds previous used percentage values, but for those of us using varying sizes reusing these serves as a distraction i would like to disable. Closing the package and reopening one image usually offers about eight %ages 12.5 through 800 plus one other, perhaps from a previous user selected value but often don't believe it is. Opening another single image while package still open can give up to about ten %ages, the three more are often unhelpful because although may be from previous use, again, don't seem to be. Many a time the surplus percentages to standard 12.5 through 800 are between 90 and 110 only, sometimes there being two at say 96.1 because in reality it must have a 96.15 and a 96.16 but the last digit is not shown, this is very time wasting to scroll past for those of us who use a mouse wheel. These values almost certainly were not used recently beforehand. If something outside 90 to 110 is selected it is soon lost in favour of the 90 to 110 range, already very close to 100 anyway.
My desktop hardware is not limited by RAM capacity or CPU speed.

Messages In This Thread
Percentage scaling - by Zjho - 03-22-2023, 09:28 PM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Ofnuts - 03-23-2023, 08:34 AM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Zjho - 03-23-2023, 10:46 AM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Ofnuts - 03-23-2023, 05:04 PM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Zjho - 03-23-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Zjho - 03-28-2023, 02:11 PM
RE: Percentage scaling - by Zjho - 03-29-2023, 09:07 AM