Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using python scripts wiht gimp 2.10 flatpak
Hi, thanks for the responses.
What does IIRC stand for ?

In edit>preferences>folders, any of the path listed existed in my computer. If I try to create them or add a new path and put python files in it, it won't work.

(04-20-2023, 09:59 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: IIRC you can normally put your script/plugins in your own Gimp profile (~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ IIRC).

That was the solution all along ! I dont know why, but the files in this folder are taken into account, besides it is not part of the path listed in edit>preferences>folders.
Fun fact, when I make a syntax mistake, the output given by the gimp at startup clams that the file is in the folder listed in the gimp preferences:

Code:
jacques@france:~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins$ gedit python-test-error.py

jacques@france:~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins$ cat python-test-error.py
print "this code contains an error on line 2"
print 2+"three"

jacques@france:~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins$ gimpflatpak
Gtk-Message: 20:58:02.257: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 20:58:02.260: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
this code contains an error on line 2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jacques/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/python-test-error.py", line 2, in <module>
    print 2+"three"
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'
gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-AVERTISSEMENT: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error
*************python test**************
gimp-2.10: LibGimpBase-AVERTISSEMENT: gimp-2.10: gimp_wire_read(): error

rich Wrote:seems linked to having a Gimp user profile (~/.config/GIMP)  left over from an existing/old installation.
Yes, I installed the "normal" version of gimp before uninstalling it and install the flatpak version.

Long story short, it works, and it's good enough for me. But I am very puzzled by the way flatpak deals with path and folders.
thank you both Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: using python scripts wiht gimp 2.10 flatpak - by jacques_duflos - 05-04-2023, 02:09 AM