Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Install ANY version of GIMP
Microsoft reinstalled windows last month so I'm having to reinstall everything!

Last week I think I had version GIMP 2.10.30? It said there was an upgrade so I installed version 2.10.34.

Half the time it would open without the tools showing in the usual top left corner or anywhere else. I'd reopen and it would show up just fine.

Today I got tired of it and decided to reinstall an older version. A couple of years ago I had a really nice version that worked well and even let me use my Redfield plugins without any trouble. So today I installed version 2.8.14 - I couldn't even choose the size of the icons, so I uninstalled and downloaded a version up.

There were a couple similar versions without the options to change the size of the icons, so again they were uninstalled and the next one installed.

Then I got a version that I could change the icon sizes on but when it started up it gave me error messages, as did the next few versions.

I've tried installing as the Administrator. I've tried troubleshooting the compatibility option. It told me I needed something newer than Windows 7. Since I'm running Windows 10 that wasn't any help.

I'm now at version 2.10.32 and when I try to open GIMP it runs, then gives me about 5 error messages such as"
Can't proceed because libicuuc72.dll was not found. Reinstalling may fix it. (my wording).

Then it opens up the program. I don't want to deal with those errors every time I use GIMP. I open it up on average about 7 times a day.

Each version for about the last 5 versions has given me the same error messages.

I've restarted the computer several times. Reinstalled the version as the error message suggested.

Version 2.10.34 is the one that wasn't working right, so I've run out of versions to try.

I don't know what else to try.     Huh

I can use Photoshop Elements, but for main part I prefer to use GIMP.

Messages In This Thread
Can't Install ANY version of GIMP - by AngelH - 05-23-2023, 09:35 PM
RE: Can't Install ANY version of GIMP - by Ofnuts - 05-24-2023, 12:22 AM
RE: Can't Install ANY version of GIMP - by AngelH - 05-25-2023, 06:36 PM
RE: Can't Install ANY version of GIMP - by AngelH - 05-26-2023, 03:11 PM