Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simultaneously add multiple layers to layer group
Why I am doing this.  

For a few months I have been submitting to kdp files at 7.623 x 10.250 inches (even though for a 7.5 x 10 inch trim with bleed, kdp requires 7.625 x 10.25, not 7.623).  I have been hoping such a tiny sizing discrepancy (1/500th of an inch) did not matter. But over the last few months, half the proofs kdp has sent me have had a white strip along one or another edge of the pages, though the pages are supposed to be black to the edge.  Because I've been incorporating only 0.123 inches of bleed into the width dimension, whereas kdp stipulates 0.125, I thought maybe that slight error was screwing up their printer.  Someone at kdp said the size error, though tiny, is the problem causing half the proofs to have white strips on edges.  I doubt that is actually the problem. More likely the problem is just low cost printing operation at kdp.  You get what you pay for.  But at any rate, at least now if a proof comes with a white strip along the edge, I can rule out that a minute sizing discrepancy confused the printer or caused the printer to make faulty adjustments. 

Thanks for pointing out those scripts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: simultaneously add multiple layers to layer group - by sedmont - 06-30-2023, 11:23 PM