Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open source auto photo enhancement
(09-11-2023, 05:52 AM)pexaj Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 04:40 PM)danboid Wrote: My dad has used a program called Ashampoo Photo Optimizer under Windows for several years to batch process photos to (usually) make them look slightly better with zero effort on his behalf.

We've both had a search but we've been unable to find a similar open source program for Linux. Imagemagick has this command:

Code:
convert inputfile -channel rgb -auto-level outputfile

but that doesn't really do anything to enhance the image at all.

Is there a plugin for GIMP that can be combined with something like BIMP to auto batch enhance photos through remini mod apk or does anyone know of a FOSS program might be a suitable replacement for Ashampoo Photo Optimizer?
Hi, On the iPhone, there is an option to automatically enhance a photo after clicking on it in the gallery, and it will fix red-eye, colours, brightness and contrast. Is there something similar for Android that I can use to enhance the photos in my gallery? I've been searching but I *don't* want an Instagram-esque filter app (there are hundreds of those out there) - I just want a simple single-click photo enhancement app. Any recommendation please? Thanks.

Plenty of options in the "Photos" application in standard Android... including a very simple Improve button. Then it may depend on Android version and phone make/model, some manufacturer  (Xiaomi, from personal experience) replace standard apps with their own underwhelming apps  (but the real apps are still in the Play Store).

With Gimp there are some options in the Colors > Auto menu.

Messages In This Thread
Open source auto photo enhancement - by danboid - 07-02-2023, 04:40 PM
RE: Open source auto photo enhancement - by pexaj - 09-11-2023, 05:52 AM
RE: Open source auto photo enhancement - by Ofnuts - 09-11-2023, 07:49 AM