Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating GIMP in Linux
Greetings,

New forum member here.

I've been using GIMP, mostly on Windows and at work, for a number of years and am a faithful disciple.

My profession life ended on May 5th with my retirement and I'm now officially a "free man" and old fart....

We are in the process of building a new retirement home, so my focus of late is trying new things computer wise, with one of those things being Linux.

After some looking around, Elementary OS was chosen (don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you) and It's been an interesting experience for this old man to wrap his head around after so many years of Windows-dom. EOS is an Ubuntu variant BTW.

It took some doing, but I've gotten EOS where I wanted.  One of the interesting things I came across was the myriad of ways to install applications.

EOS is fond of flatpaks so initially I installed flatpak applications.  Some of the other applications were snap packages, some where apt packages and a couple were just executables.

What I found was this unholy mixture of install types lead to some very interesting file access issues. Some flatpaks would see folders while the snap packages wouldn't, etc, etc, etc.

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I decided to throw flatpaks and snap packages to the curb and just install stuff via good old apt install.

This has solved my file access issues, but I'm finding now that GIMP is stuck on v2.10.30 vs the latest v2.10.34.

Is there any way to update my install without going to a flatpak?

Thank you!

chris

LOL,

I should have read a little further...

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-2...untu-22-04

chris

Messages In This Thread
Updating GIMP in Linux - by doobs - 07-31-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: Updating GIMP in Linux - by PixLab - 07-31-2023, 02:40 PM
RE: Updating GIMP in Linux - by rich2005 - 07-31-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: Updating GIMP in Linux - by doobs - 08-01-2023, 12:22 PM
RE: Updating GIMP in Linux - by rich2005 - 08-01-2023, 01:03 PM