Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to write Chinese 2
(08-05-2023, 09:56 AM)renemolbo Wrote: In my first post you helped me figuring out how to do the character writing square. Now it is time to add characters and I am facing several roadblocks.

I am using GIMP on an Mac M2 Air, so that might be a reason for the first problem.
1) I have fonts available in Microsoft Word that are not available in GIMP. The fonts I want to use are listed after Wingdings in Word (which is not where they should be alphabetically listed). I am planning on using either BiauKaiTC or Kaiti TC. 
How do I get these fonts to be available in GIMP?

2) I want the character to be drawn with a black edge only. How do I do that?

3) I want to fill the strokes of the characters that are being drawn at that step. It is a problem to just use the filler when the a part is directly connected to the first part, but not to be drawn before the next step. How do I put a "block" on where the filler can fill up to?

4) How can I make thin lines with arrows to show where to start, turn and end the stroke?

I am attaching a picture that gives an idea of problem 2) and 3). I want a different approach, because I want the arrows as well. I hope the picture explains some of the complications.

1. Can you locale the font files? Gimp takes TTF and OTF
  2. Create the character in a text layer, Layer > Text to path, then on a new layer Edit > Stroke path in Line` mode (and hide the initial text layer)
  3. Many solutions, but a rather immediate one is to copy the filled area from the initial text layer. Changing the color is easy using alpha-lock and painting.
  4. There are several scripts to draw arrows, but perhaps you could show an example of the arrows you want.

Messages In This Thread
How to write Chinese 2 - by renemolbo - 08-05-2023, 09:56 AM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by Ofnuts - 08-05-2023, 11:40 AM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by rich2005 - 08-05-2023, 12:03 PM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by renemolbo - 08-06-2023, 02:47 AM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by Ofnuts - 08-06-2023, 08:42 AM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by renemolbo - 08-12-2023, 10:33 AM
RE: How to write Chinese 2 - by PixLab - 08-12-2023, 01:21 PM