Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have problem locating plug-ins
I run GIMP (and most all application software) from portable (USB) drives on various Windows computers.  If I go to "Edit>Preferences>Folders" and add a folder for Plug-Ins then GIMP is able to find the plug-in (at present I'm wanting to use the GMIC Plugin for GIMP).  However, it seems that the drive letter in included is as part of the path.  The problem seems to be that Windows might assign different drive letters to USB devices and when this happens GIMP does NOT find the plugin.

Interestingly, the predefined folder specifications that GIMP includes in Preferences also include a drive letter.  However, when Windows assigns a new drive letter GIMP is able to figure that out for those cases and the newly assigned drive letter is used.  I need to be able to do the same thing for folders I add which will always be on the same drive as GIMP.

For whatever it might be worth the scripts that I use to start GIMP do update the environment variable named "GIMP2_DIRECTORY".  In addition to plugins, I also use a script.  GIMP has NO problem finding my script in the sub-folder named "scripts" but when I add the GMIC plug-in to the similar folder named "plug-ins" GIMP does NOT find it.

Would appreciate some help figuring out how to overcome this problem.

Messages In This Thread
Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-24-2023, 06:03 PM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by Ofnuts - 08-24-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-25-2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by Ofnuts - 08-25-2023, 07:35 AM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-25-2023, 12:38 PM