Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have problem locating plug-ins
(08-25-2023, 02:36 AM)ajax Wrote: Looks to me like you are describing GIMP running on a Linux where there are NO drive letters rather than a Windows system.  However, your reference to miracle made me look for some magic of my own.  Therefore, I simply entered the path without the drive letter and LOW & BEHOLD it works.  To be clear in my case the the plugin is located in the same file system (i.e., partition and drive) as the GIMP software. In fact the first couple of directories in the path are the same as the GIMP software.

While this does leave me a little confused about how it works the idea that it does work is welcome.

Many thanks for the assistance.

In windows you have a "current drive" and a "current directory" per drive.

If you do:

Code:
# Switch to D: drive
D:
# cd /Directory/onD
# Switch to D: drive
E:
# cd /Directory/onE
# back to D: which puts you in D:/Directory/onD
D:
# copy files
cp somefile c:
This copies the file D:/Directory/onD/somefile to E:/Directory/onE/somefile. What is called the "current directory" is really the current directory on the current drive.

So, for you when there is no drive in the spec, Gimp uses the current drive. But this may or may not work depending on how Gimp is launched because its current drive may not be the drive where it is installed.

And everything I said applies to Windows. I would just expect the ${gimp_installation_dir} to be something like F:\Apps\Gimp\ or G:\Apps\Gimp\.

Messages In This Thread
Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-24-2023, 06:03 PM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by Ofnuts - 08-24-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-25-2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by Ofnuts - 08-25-2023, 07:35 AM
RE: Have problem locating plug-ins - by ajax - 08-25-2023, 12:38 PM