Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading Gimp What do I lose?
Quote:I did make a clone for insurance prior to installation but did not have to use it.

Regardless of OS, it is always worth keeping a back-up of your Gimp profile, that is where all your settings and resources reside. 

Quote:.. I don't know how useful GMIC will be.  I see a lot of filters but most of them don't seem to be for image improvements. 

In a way, I agree. Something for everyone but too many for me. However good fun seeing what some of the filters do.

Quote:I am mostly interested in color and sharpness adjustments, curves, saturation, levels, shadows and highlights.

Plenty in gmic for you. In the Colors section the curves filter. As well as regular RGB there are other color spaces, CMYK - HSV - Lab 

Quote:I did have to reinstall Liquid Rescale.  A plug-in I have yet to find a use for, again it may take some time.

Very true of many plugins Wink but when you need it, you need it. As a note, also as a gmic filter,  although I still find the liquid-rescale plugin a little more flexible.

Messages In This Thread
Upgrading Gimp What do I lose? - by zeuspaul - 08-30-2023, 09:51 PM
RE: Upgrading Gimp What do I lose? - by PixLab - 08-30-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Upgrading Gimp What do I lose? - by zeuspaul - 09-02-2023, 07:00 AM
RE: Upgrading Gimp What do I lose? - by rich2005 - 09-02-2023, 08:28 AM