Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to PERMANENTLY disable "recently used"
In linux I run a script that deletes everything in .thumbnails / cache/.thumbnails and a file called recently-used.xbel  Gimp still Open's at 'Recently Used' but it is empty. It does fill up until I run the script again.

In Windows it looks like the file is C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Local\recently-used.xbel

You can try deleting it and check the effect in Gimp -> Open.  The file is re-created when you close Gimp and you get recently used files back.  It is remarkably persistent, making it read-only in file properties is not enough. In linux I have in the past made it "immutable". I just tried in a Win 10, even changing the security settings and the 'cursed' OS changes them back. So no permanent solution there

(edit: although worth a try. I have added a screenshot of an recently-used.xbel with no entries and the file security settings. I had a re-visit and it might work. )

At the moment, make a delete recently-used.xbel batch script is a possible although temporary plan.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to PERMANENTLY disable "recently used" - by rich2005 - 09-17-2023, 07:55 AM