Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits
I dont understand about 80% of your list and the terms you use.
So strokes are paths ?
In Gimp-terms, i stroke a path or selection, so the term 'stroke' confuses me.

One of the big problems with all kinds of plug-ins and filters is that i tend to forget what they do and in consequence dont use them.
Often that is because of the way the plug-ins are named. Maybe simplifying the names is a good idea ?

If i have a look at my options in the paths tab, i see:

1) 'Decompose' - not a very intuitive name, 'Break apart' would be better, imo. Also because thats what its called in Inkscape.
2) 'Generate envelope of two paths' - also very technical name. Basically its a tool for making the in between of an extrusion, right ?
3) 'Generate intermediate paths' - i guess, without trying, thats an Interpolation ? Seems like a good name. Interpolation is too technical.
4) 'Mirror path'. Self explanatory, i guess
5) 'Reverse Stroke'. I know what it does, but you have to understand paths to know what its used for. Maybe 'Change Path Direction' would be more intuitive ?
6) 'Text along path'. Good as it is !
7) 'Unclose'. No idea...

Also, quite often its very hard to find the relevant plug-in in the menu.

A lot of your tools are in the paths tab. On the other hand the 'path-grid' plug-in is under Render - Pattern, which makes sense when you know its there, but i wouldnt expect to find it there.

'Stroke or fill visible paths' is under Image. I wouldnt expect it there. Instead i would expect it in the paths menu, because thats where i stroke a path.

Etc.
If you want more suggestions tell me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking suggestions for ofn-path-edits - by Espermaschine - 11-11-2016, 12:53 AM