Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas?
(12-16-2023, 12:35 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: You can use a path instead of guides and use View > Snap to active path.  Path can extends beyond the canvas, and as a bonus you can also get diagonal lines.

But if you want accurate selections, using paths to create them instead of the lasso tool can also be a better idea.

A good idea, on a single work session for a image. But paths don't seem to stay in place when I close an image and re-open it. Which would be ideal. That I had lasso tool selected when I took that screencap is incidental. I should have cropped out that distraction. But it really does seem the solution is to hard-recode the guides themselves in script-fu somehow so they can store coordinates beyond their usual scope. Again, haven't touched the stuff yet. Thanks for the idea though!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas? - by Dogarithm - 12-16-2023, 12:43 AM