Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas?
(12-16-2023, 12:43 AM)Dogarithm Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 12:35 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: You can use a path instead of guides and use View > Snap to active path.  Path can extends beyond the canvas, and as a bonus you can also get diagonal lines.

But if you want accurate selections, using paths to create them instead of the lasso tool can also be a better idea.

A good idea, on a single work session for a image. But paths don't seem to stay in place when I close an image and re-open it. Which would be ideal. That I had lasso tool selected when I took that screencap is incidental. I should have cropped out that distraction. But it really does seem the solution is to hard-recode the guides themselves in script-fu somehow so they can store coordinates beyond their usual scope. Again, haven't touched the stuff yet. Thanks for the idea though!

Paths are kept/saved with the image and remain in place. They aren't always visible, but you can toggle their visibility in the Paths list.

You can't create guides outside of the canvas boundaries, even with a script. And if you create guides on a large canvas, and then reduce the canvas size, the guides that fall outside the new canvas are removed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to modify guides in script-fu to allow their placement outside canvas? - by Ofnuts - 12-16-2023, 01:01 AM