Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I use GIMP to batch process .png files?
Question 
I'm working on recolouring resource asset files for iTunes to create a dark mode theme - I managed to extract the files and now I'm searching a way to modify the extracted .png files.

The directory looked like this:
[Image: bef.png]

I went through the first 50 or so files manually adjusting the hue/saturation in Photoshop and they are starting to look much more like a dark mode theme:
[Image: aft.png]

Although manually editing them was a sound approach for testing the alterations, there are around 3000 extracted .png files in total so I'm searching for a way to process all of these files as a batch.

I was wondering if there was a way that GIMP could do this - perhaps a script that replaces certain colours with other colours so that it would be possible to create a variety of skins/themes in the future, for many different software. A script that could replicate the photoshop changes (hue/saturation adjustments) as a batch would suffice too as I would still be able to create a very basic dark mode theme for the community.

Messages In This Thread
How can I use GIMP to batch process .png files? - by Rapidfly - 01-09-2024, 08:52 PM