Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pad an image with extra transparent border
(01-20-2024, 01:51 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Another way using a couple of old script-fu (zipped & attached, unzip, put in your User scripts folder)

This is a quick animation of the process and I have resized docks .. to make it more visible. Not 60 layers, only 6 Wink as a demo  https://i.imgur.com/RbObgMd.mp4

1. Load the images as layers Image -> Open As Layers and adjust position as required.
2. Use the Align tool. Rubber band the canvas. Set Relative to Canvas. Click on the Right side icon.
3. Use the Multiple Layer Actions script Layer -> Multiple layer actions. Choose All layers and Action -> Layer to Image size and OK
4. Export the layers to individual files using the export script. Set a destination / order / All layers..

Normally I hate asking for help and prefer to figure things out on my own because I feel that it is an imposition on others to do my work for me but I want to finish this project for a friend and I have already been working on it for 2 weeks.

Can you show me how to take the original 420 object and shrink it down by 1 pixel each time and pad the open space with a transparent background producing 420 images? Then I can reverse them with this technique.

This is my ultimate goal, 420 times 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to pad an image with extra transparent border - by rinaldop - 01-21-2024, 04:25 PM