Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From '/' (search actions) to menus
(02-18-2024, 10:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 09:51 AM)Krikor Wrote: .......big snip.....
rich2005, things didn't work here...  Sad
As instructed, I placed your .zip files from post #3 in my plugins folder.

I restarted Gimp, but nothing in Distorts or Map.

I restarted a second time, and again nothing in the menus.

Could it be some kind of conflict with the files that are in ...Gimp-2.10.28_Portable_32-64bit-Win\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins ?

I do not know. I can only report what works for me.

Are two files blind.exe (52800 B) and tile-small.exe (59960 B) from the zip in Preferences / plugins as that earlier screenshot ?  Unzipped, no extra folder(s).

Yes, they are installed as instructed and together with all the other plugins and I did not create folders for these files. (see image)

(02-18-2024, 10:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote: You could try
Deleting in Preferences the pluginrc file and let Gimp rescan your plugins

Hmmm... I haven't tried that yet. I will make that attempt after this post.

(02-18-2024, 10:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Is the Preferences / Plug-ins folder top of the plugins path?

Right after installing these two files, the situation was not like this.
But before I rebooted for the second time, I changed exactly that order, putting Preferences/plugins at the top.
So the answer is yes. (see image)

PS: Ohh Oh... There is a discrepancy here.

I generally re-read my texts before posting, either because they are done via an online translator, or because there may be any other type of error.
I noticed that the path that should be at the top is the one with the Preferences\plugins\PluginsUso folder (which is actually where I store my third-party plugins).

I will correct this now after this post.
(02-18-2024, 10:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote: but probably you are stuck without those old plugins.
I didn't understand this part well...

But I think I have these "old plugins", I think they are visible in the previous image.

rich2005, Thx!

1- After my previous post, I again placed the path Preferences\plugins\PluginsUso at the top of the list.

As seen in the previous image, this path was the room from top to bottom.
Restart Gimp, but with no effect, the filters (Small Tiles and Blinds) did not appear in the menus.

However, I noticed that the path I had placed at the top was again in the same position as in the previous image.
Even though after I changed this order and received the warning that I would have to restart Gimp for the change to take effect, I gave ok and restarted Gimp.

2- I changed the position of the Preferences\plugins\PluginsUso path to the top;
I closed Gimp;
I removed the pluginrc file;
I restarted Gimp again (This time it took a while to load);

The filters (Small Tiles and Blinds) still do not appear in the expected menus.

The curious thing is that I checked the order of the paths in the Edit - Preferences - Folders - Plugins menu and the path Preferences\plugins\PluginsUso persists in not being at the top of the list.

After reopening Gimp, it returns to the previous position and not to the top.

News!

Solved, filters now appearing in their appropriate menus.

Solution found for my problem:

When I noticed that for some reason the path in which I store my third-party plugins (those that I install manually) was not at the top of the list, even after several restarts, I decided to change these filters to the folder that was located at the top ...et voilà!

Thank you very much rich2005!! ?
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.

Messages In This Thread
From '/' (search actions) to menus - by Krikor - 02-16-2024, 04:56 PM
RE: From '/' (search actions) to menus - by Krikor - 02-18-2024, 07:33 PM