Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for instruction
(03-01-2024, 07:58 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Or you can join one or both of my groups and have your photos restored for free. Members use all types of programs not just gimp. Someone there may be able to give you a better idea of what to do if your interested.
Groups are here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FDPRR  
or
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreeFunPE

Thanks sallyanne, I'll have a look at those FB groups. Not to have someone do the work for me, but it looks like a good place to get tips and insights on how to get things done.
   Being retired, I have a lot more spare time on hand than spare cash and I need to keep my mind active and learning. Letting someone else restore the photos won't help much in that regard but I could sure use the help on figuring out where to start on an image through how to pick and use the best procedure to follow for each one.

Hello Ofnuts.
You've stated exactly what I trying to look for. "Same knowledge, but applied differently". The "applied differently" part is what is missing from the courses I've taken so far.
There are those of us that can't intuitively make the leap from using a tool for one thing to using it for another.
For example, you mentioned working on an image from a scanner rather than a camera. Which brought a question to my mind. Are you suggesting I might be better served by taking a picture of a picture rather than scanning the picture? See, I never would have thought of using a camera in lieu of a scanner to digitize the image. "Same knowledge, but applied differently" in action.
  Not that I have a digital camera. Smile Other than a cell phone. Pretty sure my cell phone can take pictures though I've never tried it.

Messages In This Thread
Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 02-29-2024, 11:26 PM
RE: Searching for instruction - by gimpygirl - 03-01-2024, 12:41 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 03-01-2024, 05:28 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by sallyanne - 03-01-2024, 07:58 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 03-01-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Ofnuts - 03-01-2024, 08:27 AM