Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exported pdf files are significantly bigger than before
A few weeks ago I updated all the programs on my manjaro Linux laptop, including gimp. Today I used this updated gimp and tried to make some small changes to a PDF file and then to export it again as PDF. 

On this latest version of gimp (2.10.36) such an exported PDF file turned out to have 3.7 Mb. 

On the previous version of gimp (2.10. 28) the same pdf file with the same adjustments and settings when exported as pdf has only about 475 Kb.

Everyone can probably replicate the same thing if you open a smaller PDF file in gimp 2.10.36 (let's say around 400 Kb) and even without any changes export that same file as PDF. The exported file will be significantly larger than the original. However I presume that this might happen only with PDF files that contain scanned images. I haven't experimented with plain text PDF files.

I wonder why this change was introduced into the latest gimp version which is available for the installation on manjaro (2.10.36)? It doesn't make sense to have a significantly larger file which is not better in any way than the smaller one from previous versions of gimp.

Messages In This Thread
Exported pdf files are significantly bigger than before - by BlueRay - 03-06-2024, 03:08 PM