Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Make Graphic Design for Print Size Correctly?
(12-09-2017, 05:59 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Create a new canvas like this: https://i.imgur.com/rDyBWsI.jpg
1. File -> New
2. Use the advanced options and set resolution first - I use 300 ppi
3. You can use real-world units, cm here, and enter the required Width and Height 15 x 15 cm
4. Note: there will be some rounding to match the size in pixels shown as 1772 x 1772 pix.

And I was setting DPI later in the process, often after importing/opening graphic elements I would use in a design... Sounds like these layers were imported as 72 DPI (default setting for new image)? Were they later converted to 300 DPI after I set up DPI later?

I do not open images the way you describe. I just start GIMP and drag & drop image, mostly already in high resolution. Does that change anything?

Does it matter whether I set new image as 15" or 15cm when it comes to calculating resolution? Will 10x10 x 300 DPI be same with " and cm?

(12-09-2017, 05:59 PM)rich2005 Wrote: 9. There is no choice on size, it is whatever the image is in pixels. It is possible to scale the layer up or down once imported but beware of degradation.

You mean even scaling down from high DPI causes degradation? I only heard the other way around does...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do I Make Graphic Design for Print Size Correctly? - by TechnicGeek - 12-10-2017, 09:35 AM