Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does gimp have optical filter imitations?
@godek
Quote:I selected 16 bit output as you see before I clicked on the gimp icon. ...Nufraw is version 0.40-1..
Not quite the latest version although the update does not affect linux. The fact that you have a Gimp icon means that is not the plugin, it is the standalone version.

If you can not get it working, could be lots of things, older dependencies for example. I do not know Manjaro, so I can not comment.

Not worth pursuing. What you want is the photo into Gimp 2.9 for editing. Try either Rawtherapee or Darktable.

Without any sort of plugin installed you should get this message: Note the required versions.

[Image: CiR6ht9.jpg]

Rawtherapee is probably the best bet (although replacing a 5 MB nufraw plugin with 80 MB application is annoying)

If the version is correct and Gimp 2.9 picks up the installation look in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Import for confirmation.

[Image: zHfjxIh.jpg]

At a base level, without any tweaking, although heed Ofnuts advice on that, once Gimp 2.9 -> Open has the image up in Rawtherapee, closing sends it into Gimp 2.9

[Image: tGzbPUq.jpg]

In Gimp 2.9 opens as 16 bit

[Image: OQfReW9.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does gimp have optical filter imitations? - by rich2005 - 12-27-2017, 09:54 AM