Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Switching to RGB and Back to File's Color Profile?
(12-16-2017, 06:27 AM)TechnicGeek Wrote: Does that mean for example if I opened file with Epson RGB Profile, I have to convert to RGB to work with it and then at the end of my project convert back to Epson RGB?

You can assign a color profile, providing you have it as a file something.icc

For that epson sRGB profile I do not suppose it is much different to the built in sRGB.

edit: If you cannot find the icc profile on your computer, you can download from Epson.
All sorts depending on printer and paper.   see: https://i.imgur.com/GxHLSg1.jpg
best of luck Wink

Quote:Are there CMYK profiles that files have? Like if I open design for print with CMYK profile, must I convert it to RGB to work with it or I can work without conversion?
The goal is to have completed project print-ready.

When it comes to CMYK, that is a whole different matter. Gimp is a RGB editor and does not support CMYK editing. There is an ancient plugin separate+ that will convert to and export a CMYK image. Very much a last operation when everything else is finished.

There are other ways to convert RGB to CMYK - ImageMagick is one. If you need something with a GUI then use the free application Krita.  There are also free online converters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switching to RGB and Back to File's Color Profile? - by rich2005 - 12-16-2017, 09:29 AM