Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoongraphics on Youtube vs. Blogging
(01-01-2018, 08:13 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Even more annoying: written tutorials take so much more time to produce, compared to a 20min video you record in one or three takes.

I assume there are a few rehearsals and even some research (best demo image, etc....) before the takes.

What I don't understand is that these people use lengthy videos while their audience has a very short attention span. I once discussed with a guy wo advertized his video tuts on reddit's r/gimp and he confessed that most people didn't spend more than 30 seconds on them. After a month, the cumulated view time of his video was still shorter than the video itself.

And also why said audience looks at videos. It is extremely difficult to diagonal-view a video, while it's easy to skip the uninteresting parts of a written tut.

On the bright side, we also have topics in the Tutorials section that have over 2K view (on GimpForums, some were over 20K). So possibly the forums are part of the competition of written tutorials, which explain the lower numbers...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spoongraphics on Youtube vs. Blogging - by Ofnuts - 01-01-2018, 07:17 PM