Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoongraphics on Youtube vs. Blogging
(01-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: What I don't understand is that these people use lengthy videos while their audience has a very short attention span. I once discussed with a guy wo advertized his video tuts on reddit's r/gimp and he confessed that most people didn't spend more than 30 seconds on them. After a month, the cumulated view time of his video was still shorter than the video itself.

And also why said audience looks at videos. It is extremely difficult to diagonal-view a video, while it's easy to skip the uninteresting parts of a written tut.

I guess there is some psychology going on. People just like to look at something a "master" designer has made, offering the potential they could learn it too.

If you have a look at Nik's personal website, it presses all the expected design buttons you might have.
But its also completely interchangeable. There could be 30 more websites with the same content and you wouldnt know the difference.
Its all the same hipster logos, Spotify type duotone designs and sleak logos.

I guess written tutorials require more concentration to look at and digest. Clicking a video is like watching TV casually.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spoongraphics on Youtube vs. Blogging - by Espermaschine - 01-01-2018, 07:28 PM