Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color profile verses working space
When I open a photograph stored in .tif format a dialogue box (see attached file) opens asking if I want to convert to RBG working space.  The message says the file has an embedded color profile identified as "sRBG v1.31 (Canon)".  It seems to be asking if I want to convert to something called "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".

It sort of looks like the choice is between 2 versions of sRGB where I have no idea what the difference might be but do think that the embedded profile might be one associated with my camera by its' manufacturer (i.e., Canon).  I also own a photo printer which is also manufactured by Canon.  Insofar as one of the uses of the the results of any editing done by GIMP is to print, I can't think of any reason to do this conversion.  What am I missing?

BTW I did experiment with both options (Convert & Keep) and output files exported to .tif format seem to retain the choosen option.  In that, there is no conversion done when the file is exported.  The differences on my display which is a moderately good (27" 1920x1080) one (but has not been calibrated) are imperceptible.

Messages In This Thread
Color profile verses working space - by ajax - 01-06-2018, 05:27 PM
RE: Color profile verses working space - by ajax - 01-09-2018, 04:10 AM
RE: Color profile verses working space - by ajax - 01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Color profile verses working space - by ajax - 01-10-2018, 07:30 PM