Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error opening tif file created by GIMP
Upon further analysis I now realize I was mistaken when writing the original post.  I've now gone back and reproduced the problem.  The mistake in my original description is that the problem tif file was NOT created by GIMP 2.8 as stated but rather by GIMP 2.10.  This is a case where GIMP 2.10 was used to open an xcf file that was created by GIMP 2.8 and then GIMP 2.10 was used to export that image to create the problem tif file.  As previously mentioned most tif compliant programs see nothing wrong with the problem file.  I've now determined that this includes GIMP 2.8.

The error messages from GIMP 2.10 says 'TIFF directory is missing required "ImageLength" field'.  Since most other programs have no problem opening the file, this implies to me that there is something about the file open logic in GIMP 2.10 (i.e., possibly associated with processing of ImageLength) that is affected by some possibly valid difference in the result produced by  GIMP 2.10 when exporting to a tif format file.

Messages In This Thread
Error opening tif file created by GIMP - by ajax - 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Error opening tif file created by GIMP - by ajax - 05-03-2018, 03:54 PM