Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error opening tif file created by GIMP
(05-04-2018, 03:18 PM)ajax Wrote: This observation lead me to try something else which was to use GIMP 2.10 to create (export) a tif type file where the advanced option to create a thumbnail was unchecked (i.e., no thumbnail).  When I subsequently open that tif file using GIMP 2.10 the error regarding invalid "ImageLength" is displayed but the file IS successfully opened.  In that, the problem appears related to the thumbnail.  Therefore, using GIMP 2.10 I opened the camera developed jpg file and exported as tif type as above but with thumbnail.  This worked fine which again brings us back to the point that the GIMP 2.8 xcf still appears to be a factor.

Further observation is that when exporting tif type files under GIMP 2.10 there is an "Advanced Option" that allows to include or exclude the thumbnail.  This option does not appear when exporting with GIMP 2.8.  It seems that no matter what is specified when you go to open the file using GIMP 2.10 you are asked to select from what is called Page "1" or "2".  I presumed that this refers to both the image and the thumbnail.  It seems that the failure to open only occurs when selecting "2" and it now looks to me like "1" refers to full image.  I'm must admit some uncertainty when it comes to what is meant by "1" and "2".

Messages In This Thread
Error opening tif file created by GIMP - by ajax - 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Error opening tif file created by GIMP - by ajax - 05-04-2018, 04:20 PM